1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sidewalk bid help requested.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ommegang, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

This property is on my route and I do snow blowing myself for properties that I maintain. This is the only external account that I do the lawn on ie: get paid for just lawn mowing and now snow removal.

The city walk in front 88' plus 300' of smaller walk around the 4 family building.Plus the drive in b/w the two garages and one pass in front of the garages.

I estimate 1/2 hr - 3/4 hr on avg.(loading/unloading and sating. $60 per hr too much for snow blowing? I would think that fair similiar to mowing. So, $40 each event? Bid seasonal x 20 times = $800 plus salt expense? Or, $45 each event above 1" in order to try and get seasonal? Would appreciate any thoughts. In the city, Milwaukee. I have two stage and single stage blowers. Thanks for any input.That would be $1000 with salt for snow removal for a 4 family. Seems like a lot of money or is that reasonable? I know plowing and snow removal, and it's not easy or desirale work. I am reliable and thorough.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. drew@tjs

drew@tjs Junior Member
    from Oregon

break it down into square footage, then bid 10cents a sq ft, 12 if you think you can get it. charge that on a 2-3.999" snow then add 50% for every 2-3" over that