1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk and Walkway shoveling?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 88'Blazer, Nov 22, 2006.

1. 88'Blazer

88'Blazer Junior Member
    from Kenosha

Last year was my first year plowing and only plowed about 18 total driveways. My question is; When plowing the driveway do you typically shovel sidewalks, walkways, stairs, etc..,

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

For Commercial I bid sidewalks separate, for residential I include the side walks in the bid, unless its a large sidewalk. I hope that helps:nod:

3. 88'Blazer

88'Blazer Junior Member
    from Kenosha

That helps, Thanks...

4. ECS

ECS Senior Member

All my snow removal is residentts and some of my people want the walks done and some don't. I bill them separately - Plowing and shoveling.

5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

in our contract it says to do around parked cars and the walk up to the door...we sub off a guy who says he doesnt do the front walks thats on the customers....so i just do as im told...would i do it different...i might

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have had 1 person in the last 4 years say he didnt want the sidewalks done.....therefore, I include sidewalks in every bid I do; residential and commercial :)

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Most of my snow removal is commercial lots, some of my people want the walks done and some don't. I seek out business that require no shoveling or very little.
    I bill them separately - Plowing and shoveling.[/QUOTE]