1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by joepetrilli, Feb 2, 2012.

1. joepetrilli

joepetrilli Member
    from NJ

After looking everywhere decided on just getting some 2 by 12's and Painting them Black. How do they look?

2. <Benchmark>

<Benchmark> Member

looking good i like the truck a lot
  3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I did that to the back of my pickup, it saves money and looks good! Plus you can paint name/logo on them if you want.

I love the dumps like that though! Thumbs Up

TRUCK SIDE.jpeg
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

they look good! that is a sharp looking truck also when one board gets ripped off it costs $15 not $200
  5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

looks really clean. what else would you have used?
  6. joepetrilli

joepetrilli Member
    from NJ

Side Boards

It's amazing I really couldn't find much of anything else. Was thinking black plastic boards but only a few people make them and they cost alot plus shipping would of killed me. I'm happy with these painted boards and only used a half gallon of paint so when its time I'll just buy more boards at Home Cheapo! and paint them black!
  7. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Looks good... another cheap upgrade on your dump is paint the wheels black and use chrome trim rings inserts... they look cool and jazz it up without the expense of simulators.
  8. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Thats all i use for side boards, i fit 3 on mine.
    Good luck with that dejana body, those suckers like rusting out real quick.
  9. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I was using wood sides on my insert until a buddy of mine suggested vinyl fence boards. I got some with the ribs inside so they're a little stronger. I take mine on and off a lot so the wood sides would get awfully heavy and awkward after awhile. Plus if someone hits them while loading, the vinyl should give before my bed gets mangled.

You're setup looks great, by the way! Nice and clean looking!
  10. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I like that idea, but I stick with the wood as it will take the abuse of my mini skid if the bucket gets into it.

Unfortunately I only use one 2x12 as I have drop sides, and anything larger is too much to flip the sides up for one person.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i think it looks good
  12. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Sharp looking truck, show us some more pics of it !!!!
  13. 03sd

03sd Member

Looks great the plastic sideboards are expensive and break easily, we had the plastic ones on a IH paystar 5000 the shop guys said they were unbreakable..... I proved them wrong with a Case 570 xlt consruction kingwesport:rolleyes:

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

they look like side boards to me.
  15. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

I have never figured out why everyone gets all excited about chrome inserts. The old saying "chrome wont get you home, it will get you laid."

I figure you can have a nice clean look without chrome. Maybe that is me.

I like the truck. Looks sharp as is.