1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Side Steps

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Steeley, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Steeley

Steeley Junior Member
    from Maine

should I keep the side steps on or take them off to plow this winter.
  2. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

you need 'em to get in the truck? does your wife? I can't see them making too much difference in plowing performance. It's kinda nice to have a place to bang off your boots before you get in!

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Steely some details would make things a little easier for a recommendation such as, height of the steps from the ground and are they stock or aftermarket? If they have 12" or more I have found that to be fine for plowing or if they are heavy Gage you could probably leave them on.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

are you talking about nerf bars

i leave them on to protect the side of the truck

rather dent the bars than dent the side of the truck

5. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

I have running boards on my truck, like cardoctor i would rather bang them up than the truck
  6. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

i leave em on besides its not like there gonna get you stuck you'd be buried up to your axles b4 that happens just hose the salt off when you hose you plow off to clean the salt off so it doesn't start to corrode them