1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Side Shelds pros/cons?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by bowhunter74, Jul 31, 2008.

1. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 Member
    from MO.

Does anyone run side shelds on both sides?

2. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 Member
    from MO.

Does anyone run a wing or wings at all?

3. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Plow's in the basement right now getting a set fabbed for it. 60" Arctic Cat blade, wings will be either 10" or 12", right now they're 12" but I may cut them down after I install. For this winter they will be fixed angle but next summer I'm hoping to make them both power in and out. No time.

4. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 Member
    from MO.

I'm talking about the fixed side sheld that keep snow from spilling over the end of the blade
    [​IMG].

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  5. ATVGUY

ATVGUY Junior Member
    from central

They work great!

As always fit the plow to the application. But with plow wings you can control the snow a lot better. Cycle County makes some for their plows and you can put them on both sides or just one. I have a plow with it set only on the right side so i dont push snow over on the neighbors yard.

6. LostViking

LostViking Junior Member

I had a Moose 60" County Plow on my Can Am, Ran the wing on the small end. Worked well to prevent spillage off to the side.

7. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 Member
    from MO.

I want to know if people are running one on each side, and how well does it discharge the snow when angled or does it just pile up.

8. giarc01

giarc01 Junior Member
    from ohio

I run one on mine. But only one side. I was afraid if I used one on both side that it would be more of a box.