1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Side grease upper ball joints 80's 4x4???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by uglytruk, Feb 7, 2006.

1. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

I just tore the front end apart on my '87 Sub 3/4 4x4. Lo and behold, the upper ball joints, (badly worn) could've been greased thru an edge fitting! No need to f*** around with the plug... But called all the local places, nobody has 'em. (NApa, Auto Zone, PA, etc... All in da middle like a bullseye. Now what? I gotta put this heap together, and living in the road salt belt, I grease every month... except the uppers.
    Feel free to call me, Andrew @ 518-572-6450, or toll free, (I have free LD) 888-572-6450. It's 3:00 PM EST and I'm off to the "country" for some lockable hubs. :)

2. Rick Loncosky

Rick Loncosky Senior Member
    from 17557

I can say I've never seen one that you could grease through the edge. I put them in the bottom with a fitting in the end. Always wondered if it would clear if it was in the top. Maybe Mr. Goodwrench has them? Please post your findings. I'm rebuilding another this spring and would enjoy some of them myself. Happy Hunting!!!

3. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

4. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

5. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

Found! :nod: CarQuest sells 'em under their name. There happens to be one a block away from home. A little overpriced at $38.50 each, but the alternative is impossible to grease China @ $16.

6. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

Moog Moog

MOOG is litetime warranty keep your reciepts

7. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

The one I removed was Moog, and the other was improperly oriented, impossible to grease, and worn like a baby rattle. But I didn't buy 'em, and no paperwork... :nono: