1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sick whelen grille lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by andyman0291, Jan 17, 2009.

1. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

this dude has some serious lights on his truck. probly the coolest grille set-up i have seen.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNd1jpgiF7o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNd1jpgiF7o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That's pretty cool, good thing he spent all the money on that just to have the plow cover quite a bit of it.

3. andyman0291

he may use the truck for something else in the srping/summer. im not sure but it still looks cool.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I have two grill mounted TIR6's they're blocked perfectly by the plow lights (put on before I had a plow). I need to move them to the center, but I don't like them up there cause they reflect off the plow and give me a headache anyways.

5. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

That sucks compared to Cincotts 450 yesturday lol

6. andyman0291

dude ur just jealous. lol cincottas is pretty nice tho.

7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

what type of lights does he have in there?
    im thinking about some grille lights to add onto my rolling christmas tree

8. andyman0291

hes got nine tir3's. how far is franklin from the arlington area?

9. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

around an hour
    i used to be down that way alot
    might have to get some of those for summer time

10. andyman0291

we should get together with some other guys who have fords for a mini meet in the next few weeks.

pm me if your interested.

11. rydzewski

rydzewski Member

woah... i never thought of putting a traffic advisor in the front grill of a truck.... what will people think up next

12. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have something similar on the grill of my 2500HD. It's a 911EP TD/WL28. You can see it (off) in the pic. Crazy bright.

[​IMG]

13. rydzewski

rydzewski Member

im a big fan on 911EP LED's. My vic had 911EP's undercover kit and you could pick me out of the croud of fully outfitted emergency vehicles.

14. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

They don't stand out any more than any other LED. Are you a police officer?

15. rydzewski

rydzewski Member

No, Paramedic. I was with the county response team. The other vehicles were using halogen strobes no I kind of had the advantage! :jester:

16. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Yeah thats definetly a traffic advisor, looks good ive never seen one on mounted in the grille before. Looks like you might be seeing amber stars for a week after a night of those reflecting off the plow. Would work great on a tow truck, too.

17. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

seen that already in Chicago

18. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

LOL I was just thinking the same thing. Pretty useless.

19. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Not really. Mine shows up very well with the plow both up or down.

20. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I just had 4 lightheads put in my grill. Two on the side vents and two on the top vent of the 05 Super Duty grill. None of them are blocked by the grill at all. I don't think he will have any issue either.