1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shut it down for the season yet?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by golden arches, Mar 7, 2006.

1. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Today I washed it, lubed it and dropped it. Know it's too soon, but when it hits 50+, it's time to start thinking spring.

Anyone else "giving up" for this season yet?

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

next week. Then I am done for the season. :realmad:

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I did Sunday. Im sure we'll get some more, but its just one less thing to worry about if not.

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

If giving up is taking the plows off, I give up right after each storm. I dont carry them around.

As far as hanging it up for the winter, the plows are moved to the back of the garage and out of the way April 15th or shortly after, not before.

5. rembrandt100

rembrandt100 Member

Plow gets put away the first dayof April. Then the trailer gets hooked to the back. And a new season begins.

Dave

6. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

I think that we will have a couple more plows--up NORTH here in the Great White Land.. I trade my plows in around the end of this month. Can't wait for the Salmon to start running,, I LOVE FISHEN....

Kingriver

7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yep done here gonna switch over to summer gear . ... and get ready for mowin season .... but i bet as soon as everyone switches over .... WHAMO a storm of the century blows in ..... with MICHIGAN weather it never fails .. !! HEHEHE

8. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

I just took off my plow and put it in the garage yesterday. I've still got my 1000lbs ballast in the truck and that won't come out until the end of april just incase.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've seen too many March storms. We tucked the salt away for the summer, but the equipment stays ready until 4/1.

10. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

always ready

I dont take all the plows off till end of april some stay on all year long just park them and set them up for storage got about 6 tons of supply's in the field just lock down the large bins and move the portable ones to the shop.

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds good to me, time to do some real work...Lawn care! wesport

12. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

Plow is still accessible, but I did put the topper back on my truck on Monday. They are calling for mid 60's by the end of the week. I figure, even if we do get another event, I can suck it up for one time plowing with the topper on. But by April 1st, the mount will be off, and it will be time to scrape, paint, and lube it for it's summer hybernation!:drinkup: I only had two small events since Jan 1. I dont remember a year in the last 13 years that was this bad! I guess maybe next year we will actually get winter.

13. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

I am considering washing it and putting it away this weekend. Hard to think about snow when it's 50+ outside. I hope to god that next winter is better. Two plowable events since January won't even pay my insurance. :mad:

14. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

A few more weeks. Looking at my records, last year I pushed mid march

15. westwind

westwind Member

We still have the plows on, but it won't be long!!!payup

16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Still Plowing, we had 2-3 inches last night.

17. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Plows are off but in the driveway and easy to get to if need be. I may take my sander off this weekend depending on what the extended forecast shows.

18. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

???????

somebody please help me understand? Giving up on the season? when did this season start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

You got it.. poorest season for a long time.. Hopefully pulling it off the truck will trigger another ("the first real one") snow... I'm forgetting what it looks like and what it feels like piling it up!

20. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

I cleaned 2 yards this week, lawns were dry and thawed on the surface.
    Can't plow, so I'll cleanup.
    This has been a real crappy year, didn't get to ride my sleds either!