1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shrugging my shoulders

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by TR3C10, Apr 29, 2011.

1. TR3C10

TR3C10 Junior Member
    from chicago

Lots of hype over fluid film. I've yet to read anything bad about it. Unfortunately, I'll never get to see the benefits for myself.

My labrador wants to lick it off as fast as I can spray it.

Oh well, at least the dog will never rust out. :rolleyes:

2. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

It probably won't live long enough to find out, idiot! :mad:

3. TR3C10

TR3C10 Junior Member
    from chicago

That's a 'tongue in cheek' post there pardner.

I can understand you taking it out of context, given the differences in written and spoken words. However, You called me an IDIOT? there's nothing to misconstrue there. Your head is up your a$$ and if you'd said that in person, my foot would be joining it.

4. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

You're still an idiot. I'm not the A$$ that thinks it's funny that an animal got into something that could kill it, real, or imagined. Nothing misconstrued, I've read your whole 7 other posts, and judging by them, including the apology you made, I'd say you're dumb enough to stand by while the pooch "actually" did it.

5. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

My dog loves the stuff, too. If I spray it in the sliding door tracks he licks it or tries to rub his body all over it.

6. TR3C10

TR3C10 Junior Member
    from chicago

Dano,
    Given what its made of , It's no wonder they go nuts for it.

After reading so many positive reviews, I stepped up and bought a case of cans. No regrets. Great product. Made gifts of a couple cans and everyone loves the stuff.
    Someday I'll share pics and give a testimonial. (In a less annoying thread of course)

Dellwas,
    You might want to try and process it one more time. wants wants WANTS to lick it.
    That doesn't mean I stand there and let him. It'd be an absurd waste of precious FF.
    Call me an idiot. Call me an a$$. But accusing me of animal cruelty? You're now talking out of your a$$, which supports my earlier statement.

7. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Thanks for the Head's Up, it will be one less product used in my shop. My Rottie is more important than any benefits this stuff can provide.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  8. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

"It'd be an absurd waste of precious FF."

That about says it all there, pardner, certainly shows where your sentiment lies, and it certainly isn't with your Lab. Thanks for bringing it up, though, it will be one product that won't be in my shop, and the 1/2 can that was there is now in the garbage.

We're done, Adios...

9. TR3C10

TR3C10 Junior Member
    from chicago

Dellwas
    I'm literally laughing out loud now. Your head is firmly planted up there.
    Don't throw that can of FF out just yet. It may be just the thing to help get it out.

Dano
    Is this yet another use for your product?

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Did someone suck the oxygen out of Plowsite today? FF is good stuff and to be used just like any other chemical,with caution. We throw tongue and cheek around the FF forum and Dano is good guy. Time for Dano to throw out the disclaimer for someone here!

11. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

:popcorn:

No kidding.............disclaimer already Dano....disclaimer :drinkup:

12. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Maybe your Dog is all Bound up and licking it will make him crap easlier

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

My wife does the same thing. ;)

14. grandview

So your spray gun is happy every time it's used?

15. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

When I was at my local john deer dealer they said the farmers buy it to feed it to the cows .There was some reason for it .I forget what it was though.

16. grandview

Kills ringworm on them.

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Gotta see where this is gonna go.....

OH yeah, Fluid Film rules!

18. Dano50

from CA

DISCLAIMER: While Fluid Film is classified as non-toxic and non-hazardous, it should not be used as an animal food product. It has been rumored to be highly effective at stopping ringworm but we have never tested this application and do not officially recommend it. Do not use Fluid Film as a dog treat. While they might find the smell intoxicating and perform various tricks at the thought of licking or smelling its wonderful elixir, large quantities of the product could lead to loose bowels, smelly dog farts or other unpleasant issues. There is nothing worse than having a dog rip a bad one next to you and then get up and walk away, leaving you with the toxic cloud of foulness. The small amount of product that could be ingested by a dog licking a properly performed application (such as a sliding door track) would not be enough to cause any serious harm.

19. grandview

If a dog farts next to something rusty,will the gas penetrate the metal and protect it?

20. Dano50

from CA

Hmmm, interesting question. I'd hate to be the one to put that to the test...