1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SHPE3000 Spreader

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by vamootsman, Oct 31, 2010.

1. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

Have yet to see any info on this site about this spreader. Has anyone seen or used one? Any opinions? Seriously considering this one.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For what truck?

3. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

F350 or 450.

4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Not alot of info on em yet...they look similar to the tornado. Flip lid and adjustable chute. We are still waiting to take delivery on em

Attached Files:

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be a good choice IF the F350 is an X-frame.

6. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

Don't know what an X frame is. If I need to get a 45O for something this big, I will. I have been looking at Trucks from 2000-2004.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The4 F-350 X-frame is a F450/550 frame with a 350 rated suspention
    the regular F-350 super duty you see most often in the Pick-up truck form have the same frame as the 250. Remember if you load that puppy with wet salt you could be adding 6K lbs.in material alone so it is not a pick-up truck application.

8. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

That spreader looks really tall once its in the back of a truck! Other than price and the lids what would be the advantage of that design over the 4yd spreader design?

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Well it also has an adjustable chute(up and down)

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Plus four yards is a load. three yards of moist salt and a plow on the front limits out most of the common trucks used.

11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

This spreader is really not for pickup trucks of any sort - it's for larger dump bodies, 13K GVWR and up. It won't even fit properly in a pickup (it's 108" long).

The SHPE3000 is different then the 4000 in the following ways. At this point I'm not prepared to say one is better than the other - they are mostly just different concepts (double walled vs. single walled).

1. Adjustable chute
    2. Interlocking lids w/gutters to divert water
    3. Doublewalled construction - no steel to rust
    4. 3000 has 1 vibrator, 4000 has 2.

12. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

Is there something about the design of the hopper the makes 1 vibrator adequate?

13. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The 1500 and 2000 all work with one vibrator. The vibrator on the 3000 really shakes the whole hopper quite well. If you aren't careful, putting a second vibrator on can actually cancel out the first. In testing a single vibrator was the best solution for any materials we could find.

14. Mike S

Ok Im going to say it, Sounds like this is the new and improved design over the four yard. I was wondering that about the vibrators. The three yard looks nice but man is that thing going to be tall in the back of the c4500. I amagine that the salt runs better through the 3yd over the 4 yd with it being skinnier. Im just tring to figure out what spreader to get. Any more input would be great.

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hopefully all new products will be improved but I have customers with the 4 yard that LOVE them. I do not thing it's better just a different approach for a different customer.

16. Mike S

Basher which one would you go with? I like the idea of the 3yd but dont like how high it will sit. The 4yd is nice but it cost way more. I would like to also hear some input what those spreaders can hold heaped up not struck. 1.5yd and the 2yd really suprised me how much they will hold.

17. We currently have a 1.5 yard on our dodge and are putting another 1.5 on my 250 today good salters in my opinion they are durable n not too heave which makes it easier putting them in and taking them out of the trucks

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I hae not messed with the 3 yard yet. It would be the unit if you load and carry while plowing. Weight wise I think the four will carry more then you should put in a 5500 series truck.

19. Mike S

perfect sounds like the 4yd is where I want to be! LOL!

20. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

So, I found an F-350 DRW, Short Wheelbase Flatbed. The guy I talked to says it has 11 leaf springs per side. What size Spreader should I put on it?