1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shpe2250 length

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Showmestaterida, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Will the shpe2250 fit in a new chevy short box? What the length and weight ?Does it need bracing like the shpe2000? Saltdoggs website doesnt seem to be working . Thanks

2. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Overall Length: 104.5 inches Overall Width: 48 inches Overall Height: 44 inches Empty Weight: 707 lbs Capacity Struck: 2.2 cu. yd.

3. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

And yes you still need to make a box out of 2x8 wood

4. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

I don't see bed length needed but I have a SPHE 2000 on a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 short bed I don't think the 2250 will fit on a short bed truck IMO

5. Showmestaterida

seen one on a ford short box , not sure if they are the same length, not a ford guy, Anybody have one in a chevy short box? hows it fit?

6. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I can measure mine when I get back to the shop, but I don't see anyway it will fit In a short box. I have one on a 11ft flatbed with only 2-3 ft on front of it

7. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

What is your GVRW for your truck? For the SPHE 2250 is min. 13000 lbs
    The sphe 2000 is 8500 min. GVRW

Also I believe the bed length needed for the SPHE 2000 is like 78 inches

8. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Measure from top of salt spreader to the last middle support legs
    I am calling buyers tech support to find out min. Bed required for the 2250

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  9. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

I just got off the phone with saltdogg tech support for any 6.5 bed the last salt spreader is SPHE 2000 with a 8500 lbs GVRW. SALTER IS 94 inches long. On my bed there is no more room from cab to bumper

AS FOR THE SPHE 2250 min. Bed length required is a 96 inches. 8 foot bed.with a GVRW OF 13000 lbs

Also the way these boxes are setup most of the weight is on the back end of salt spreader. I WOULD NOT HAVE THE LAST LEG SUPPORTS HANGING OFF THE BED....

10. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You want to put a .2.25 in your short box? That's a total payload of 5,200 lbs loaded. Are you comfortable with that?

11. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

2 yd spreaders easily fit in a short box. Is the 2.25 longer or just taller?

12. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

If it spreads on the same site, yeah we do. Probably closer to 3 yards

13. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

they fit better than in an 8'er . 75% of the weight is toward the rear of the axle . bad design .still need bracing in a 6.6 , unless you want it coming thru the cab in a head on ..... not that it still couldn't . :mechanic:

14. Showmestaterida

Have a couple 2000 s and they are in a short box. They work but most of the weight is behind the axle causing alot of rear end weight /sag. Looked like the 2250 were designed better and weight distribution was better. Seemed more balanced with it loaded . Hence the truck would handle the weight better . Not looking to max out with 2.25 yards just 2 yards like the 2000s. Have loaded them to the hilt and truck handled it ok. Just wasnt sure if the length was too long . Somebody had one on here with a ford shortbox and said it worked . Anybody w/ it in a chevy?