1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SHPE2000 baffle settings

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by onyxboy03, Jan 7, 2011.

1. onyxboy03

onyxboy03 Junior Member

just bought a shpe2000 salter, just trying to figure out baffle settings? will be running covered bulk salt.

also I noticed it does not chuck the salt that wide does anyone have this problem?

2. onyxboy03

onyxboy03 Junior Member

no replies??
    I know a lot of people use these
  3. SullivanNursery

SullivanNursery Junior Member

We just got one a few weeks ago and used it a few days ago. The baffles were left at the factory setting and we had no problem with the salt flow. We use covered bulk salt as well. With the spinner at speed 10 a few grains tend to bounce to pretty wide. It looks to be about 30' wide. I guess it does also depend on how much salt is being fed onto the spinner.
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

How much salt can a salt dogg chuck if a salt dogg could chuck salt?:rolleyes:Welcome to the club.I run my baffles wide open using Magic salt.The best I can get with auger on 6,spinner on 10 is app. 15',heavy on the DS
  5. travisdec

travisdec Junior Member
    from usa

mine are both not fully open but about maybe 4-6in open is fine, wanted to not put too much stress on auger, we put an avg of 2.3-2.7ton a load in and works just fine(have to be very careful with that weight and your light hooks in a truck bed, we broke one), settings yes u are fine on 5-7setting for a good app on some lighter compaction but pay attention sometimes those controllers act up and spread heavy sometimes, keep the vib on when spreading are you are fine
  6. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

I took the rear one off and the front is set to wide open. I just control the amounts using the auger. I personally don't see any need for the baffles in the first place. Everything is controlled by how much you turn the auger too, the lower you go, less comes out and vice versa. No matter what I have had mine for 2 -3 seasons now and I love it!