1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SHPE1000 hopper cracked

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by mpriester, Mar 8, 2016.

1. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Was unloading my spreader yesterday and noticed a crack where the vibrator is mounted. Took it to my dealer as its still under warranty and awaiting a response from buyers. I feel it should get a new hopper and won't settle for anything less.
    I have heard a lot of good from local guys running them about warranty repairs and am confident it will be replaced.

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Let us know when your Dealer gives you his response.

3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Will do. He's waiting on Buyers response.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

They should replace it. I've had good luck with Buyers warranty work. Off topic, but why are you using such a small spreader in 3/4 ton trucks?

5. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Because of the other stuff i have to haul with me.It's a short bed. I can put a ton and a half in it with the side extensions if need be.

6. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

No response from Buyers?

7. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet. I plan on calling them Monday.

8. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Buyers is replacing the hopper with a new one. Thumbs up to these guys.
    Mike

9. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

This is a good day,

10. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

A little up date. Hopper has been replaced at no cost to me.
    Thank You Buyers for standing behind your product.

11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Wish they had done the same thing for the first 2000 we bought when the directions said nothing about bracing the front and it cracked both back legs off the hopper.

12. JustJeff

Hmmmm. I read that as well, and never have. Just strapped it down and let it go. Maybe this year I should build a brace for in front of it just in case.

13. John_DeereGreen

I highly suggest building it. Even cross strapped ours slide a bit. The storm that ours broke on was one of those that it was wet underneath and started to freeze. Started sliding and hit a curb at about 5 MPH and that's all she wrote.

14. JustJeff

Yes. I think I will. My truck has the non-slip line-x in it, so it's not real slippery. But still I do get side to side sliding a lot. I think I'll build one that takes up the gap on the sides as well as the front so that it can no longer slide in any direction.

15. John_DeereGreen

With the brace up front, they don't move. The straps on each side pull it tight to the brace and it eliminates the walking side to side as well as forward and backward.