1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SHPE0750 question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Hegartydirtwork, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

I am very seriously considering buying a SHPE 0750. I would be installing the unit in my f350 super cab long bed pickup, I am looking for any feedback on these units, also will it come with enough wiring to reach the distance from my cab to the sander. Im thinking about just buying it from Northern Tool and Equipment. Thanks

2. finallygot1

finallygot1 Member

Only thought that I have is that you will need a 4' bucket to load it. If you are buying bulk from someone they may not have the smaller bucket. Also the people that sell bulk in my area only sell by the ton. Just curious as why you wouldn't look at the 1500, most cases it is less money.

3. Hegartydirtwork

I was thinking the small unit because I have an 8 foot bed with a fuel transfer tank and toolbox, the 1500 would fit but my wifes truck has a 6.5 ft bed with a fuel transfer tank. Obviously the tank could come out but if would be nice to just throw it in there and go. I would be loading with skidsteer off of my own stockpile so the bucket size isnt an issue, I can just load the corner of the bucket and take my time. I do see your point as I continue to research, most people have encouraged me to get the larger size or step down to the new tailgate sander.

4. finallygot1

finallygot1 Member

If you are referring to the TGS 07 spreader that is what I put on my truck. I have used it twice and am VERY happy with it. I need to get out on an easy snow and have a buddy watch the salt coming out and try and find the most efficient setting for my applications. This is the first spreader I have used but I do see the auger and spinner runner at the same spead a minor draw back.

5. Hegartydirtwork

Yeah the TGS 07 is what people have been recommending, however I called salt dogg tech support on monday and havent heard back from them which I dont really like but it a busy time of year.

6. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

I would measure your fuel tank before you buy the smaller unit. I have an 8' bed on my chevy and with the sander installed I have at least 20" of room between the unit and the cab. I will try and find some pictures to show you the room I have. You would need to build something around the fuel tank to keep the spreader from lunging forward into it in case of an emergency.