1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SHPE Chute Specs

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by John_DeereGreen, Feb 17, 2014.

1. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'm looking for distances, lengths, heights etc for chute lenghts for SHPE1000, 1000X, 1500, 1500X and 2000, 200X.

What I need to know is how low the standard chute puts the spinner, and how low the extended chute puts the spinner.

I'm looking at going bulk next year, and adding an Ebling as well and want to make sure that I can get the spinner below the blade without much or any modification.

I pretty much need to know, is if the spreader sitting in the bed is at X height, spinner will be Y inches below that, or above the ground.

I tried calling tech support, but I don't have time to wait on hold for 20 minutes and not talk to anyone...it's down to Boss or Salt Dogg for the spreader.

Thanks!

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The SHPE chutes are all the same across models - the standard is 12" below the bed, the extended is 24" below. So once you know your bed height - you can determine the spinner height.

Sorry about any wait times at tech support - as you can imagine we are running at 200% capacity. We do return all calls - usually within 15 minutes - although this weather has certainly tested that...

3. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I run a snowex provee 8000 with a 16 ebling on the back. It works very well...

4. John_DeereGreen

Scott, thank you!!!

I wouldn't run a SnowEx if someone gave it to me. Did you have to modify it to get it below the bottom of the blade? I know Triple L had to on his and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

5. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I just extended the spinner and adjusted the chute. I spec'd out the salt dogg and it would definitely be the easiest to get it to work. If this helps, there is 33" in between the four link bars of the ebling. You also could almost spread the over the top of the ebling with a standard salt dogg.

6. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

For what it's worth, I ran into the problem of bending spinner transmissions pulling a lot of snow. I just remove a single bolt on the extension and leave the spinner assembly in place. Pm me if you want all the info

7. John_DeereGreen

Thanks for all the info, I'm hoping to make this work. If I can save enough through the summer. The efficency will pay for it's self in one season. Especially if it's like this winter has been.

From the numbers I've gotten from Ebling, and the numbers from Scott above, it seems like the standard chute will put the spinner about 5 inches below the bottom of the Ebling, if the Ebling is raised all the way up. Hot damn if I could get that lucky not having to modify anything...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014