1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SHPE 2000 Motor replacement auger shaft stuck to old motor

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by simply_peter, Dec 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. simply_peter

simply_peter Member
    from Iowa

Has anyone had problems replacing the auger motor on the poly spreaders? I have mine torn apart and can't separate the shaft from the auger motor. I got the pin out, it was rusted solid. I put a gear puller on the motor to see if I could put pressure on it and tap on the connection, but no luck.

Can I pull the auger out the back still attached to the motor? Is there something that releases the auger from the front bearing or does the auger motor hold it in place? It looks like it just rests in the bearing on the parts diagram.

Do I need to pull the entire stainless bottom section out?

Just looking for ideas. I am going to soak it in penetrating oil overnight and see if that helps.

Thanks!

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you need a cutting torch.

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Get yourself a can of CRC's Freeze-off,it's a tall blue can.It works by a freezing principle which will shrink your shaft ever so slightly.Spray it on and be ready QUICK to either rap on it some or engage your puller.If that doesn't do it,resoak with PB Blaster and put some heat directed on the bore,not the shaft.

4. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

Heating up the auger is the only way I have ever gotten them free. And yes the auger should have a set screw on the front bearing. While its apart I would check the front bearing as it would be a easy time to replace it. I always pull the whole stainless assembly out becasue I think its easier to work on and then when your heating the auger there is no plastic to accidently melt

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Heat is your answer.
    Put some FF or Anti seeze on when you reassemble.

6. simply_peter

simply_peter Member
    from Iowa

Heat worked. The motor is out. Thanks.