1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shpe 2000 help needed!!!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by bopiela, Dec 7, 2013.

1. bopiela

bopiela Junior Member

Hey everyone, new here and need some help.

Bought a shpe 2000 spreader and wired up. finally put the spreader in, connected everything and am getting an 'A' code on the auger and no power to the utility light.

I have checked all connections, they're all good. No blown fuses. Spinner will work and vibrator will work. I ziptied the connections at auger motor to make sure they were tight, used grease, and cannot for the life of me figure this out.

Controller is black digital one, made 5/2012.

Any help? Need to get this fixed ASAP....

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I had the same issue on my SHPE1500. Make sure all the wires are tight in the back of all the plugs. Sometimes they like to push out of the little hole. I never did find the exact cause of mine. Kept messing with all the wires and it finally worked. Havnt had issues since.

3. bopiela

bopiela Junior Member

I have played with the wires... Again and again... any other possible ideas?

4. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

On there troubleshooting chart, is says A showing in the auger display says Auger motor disconnected. A showing in auger display blinking says auger is overload. As stated before , check all connections, clean them out and make sure all the little metal connectors in the plug are in place and snug .

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Wire the auger motor directly and see if it works. If it doesn't make any noise you have a dead motor. Noise but no turn you have frozen gearbox or front bearing

6. bopiela

bopiela Junior Member

But how does this explain the utility light not coming on? Or is it tied to the auger power?

7. bopiela

bopiela Junior Member

was a bad control box. thanks for your help everyone

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

lol it always is.. buyers= buying more controllers brand lol

9. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Ram I pmed you

10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I hope you got a white faced analog controller this time or else you will just have recurring issues.

11. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

We just brought two new ones and they're back faced