1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SHPE 2000 controller

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by RhinoL&L, Jan 9, 2011.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Ive got a 2 yd salt dogg in its second season, and im having problems with the controller. Whenever i adjust the auger up from 0, there is no response for 10 seconds or so, then it will come on full blast and not respond for another 5-10 seconds regardless of what setting the auger adjustment is at. Then after the 5-10 seconds and some turing of the auger adjustment, it will work pretty good even from 0. This happens randomly but not every time the auger is adjusted up from zero, any thoughts?

Ive cleaned and greased connections so im thinking it may be the controller?

Also, had the vibrator stop working on one occasion, but got it working with a little tapping from a pipe wrench, do i need a new vibrator, or is this related to the controller problem im having? I dont know if it is the controller because the vibrator switch stays light when on, and was still on when the vibrator stopped working?

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds more like bad connections.Happened to mine.The wiring harness and both motors are made in China--very poor quality.Check for the wires being loose,or not connected at all to the connectors inside the clips.

3. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Are you talking about the connections to the controller, or the 2 plugs on the back end of the spreader? I have cleaned and greased the connections on the back end, and have looked at the connections in the back of controller. Both exterior connections on spreader and interior connections on controller seemed to be clean.

should i be looking for something else

4. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

5. tuney443

The plugs on the back for the auger and spinner motors.Pull the actual wires out of their respective clips and you will see what I'm talking about.They are not secured on those cheap connectors well at all.The first time,2 wires weren't connected,then I had sporadic power. Took everything apart,reclamped and soldered them in.

6. tuney443

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Regardless, It is a decent controller vrs. the piece of junk we are all honored with when we first buy one of these buyers salters these days.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The first round was a issue but I've not had problems with the new controls in over a year and I see a WHOLE bunch of them.

10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone know the part number on the most recent controller?

11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

3006620 is the current controller

12. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Sent you an email, thanks