1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shpe 1500 settings

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by tdoiron, Dec 13, 2011.

1. tdoiron

tdoiron Junior Member
    from ct

What would be the ideal settings for the auger and spinner on the shpe 1500 with 50/50 sand/salt mix? Also what should the baffles be set at?

2. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

These are adjustments you will just have to play with. Load up the hopper and find a large bucket to catch your material while you adjust everything. Ice slicer depending on the temp outside and how much hard pack or ice you are trying to break up is around 1 pound for every 100 square foot

3. tdoiron

tdoiron Junior Member
    from ct

thanks for replying.....I had a fisher poly caster a few years back when they first came out and that was pretty straight forward with the 1 motor and belt setup. The saltdogg I'm trying to figure out because it has the 2 separate motors, auger and the baffles. I plan on testing it out this week as the forecast here shows no precipitation. through next Tuesday. I'm looking forward to using this sander as I feel its a nice setup as opposed to the fisher which jammed up on me from time to time.

4. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

One motor will control the conveyor and the amount of material that is coming out the rear gate. The other motor will control the spinner and how far the material will be spread the baffles by the spinner will also control the spreading width. :yow!:

5. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Personally I set my auger on 4-6 90% of the time other ten percent it's set on 8. Spinner is always on 10. Works well for me.

6. tdoiron

tdoiron Junior Member
    from ct

thanks for responding.....I was able to test run some sand/salt mix and I found the settings to be right around what your suggestions are and it seemed to work pretty good. Are you happy with the sander? I'm looking forward to using it.....I like the setup.

7. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I really like mine so far. I found i was putting way to much salt down so i run it the auger at 3 or 4 and the spinner at 9 for lots. Spinner at 5 for single isles where im only doing a truck width wide.

Just a little trick a fellow plowsiter taught me..... The controller has a delay as im sure you know, when you turn it on it takes 7-10 seconds to come on. This can be a pain is the butt in many situations. Instead of turning the power off just turn the auger down to zero at the end of your run and the salt will stop coming out. Then when your lined up ready to go again just dial back up to speed and you have no delay. The auger starts right back up instantly.

Between lots if im running down the street not to far i will just turn the vibrator off and the auger off and leave the spinner going....get to the lit and hit them on as soon as i come off the road.

8. H&HPropertyMait

Yes so far I'm very happy with the purchase, hope yours treats you well

9. H&HPropertyMait

Yeah I noticed that downfall first time I used it, I do what you do and it works well for me too