1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Showing mom the ropes and learning a lesson myself

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firehog13, Nov 19, 2009.

1. firehog13

firehog13 Member

Hey guy's found some more old videos from a couple of years ago, I took my mom out the whole day, we were out for about 18 hours. When she came to pick me up at about 1am in the morning to drive me to the shop which was about 10 minuets away she told me she had berried her Jimmy at the end of my road which was about 2km from my house. I thought to my self how the hell did she do that, well when I walked out my front door the snow was level to my front porch.

I had to walk 2km down the road in knee high snow drifts to get to were she was, and the funny part was there was 3 cars I past along the way that had been abandon over night because they got stuck in the snow drifts.

It took me 1 hour to dig her out, 20 minuets to drive to the shop, plus I had to walk through the snow again to get to the shop door and spent a good half hour plowing out the drive way just so she could drive her Jimmy to the shop. I had made the worst mistake of not going out earlier and plowing with the storm because I only wanted to plow once instead of twice. This was probably the worst snow fall I had ever gone out in and the most amount of snow because I had let it accumulate over the weekend, none of the spots had to be open until Monday dumb dumb dumb:cry::cry:.

I worked my Gmc so hard that day that I kissed it on the hood when I was finished because there was a few spots like the one in the video that I thought I had screwed myself and was going to need a backhoe to plow through.

Lesson learned I will never do that again, as for my mom she was completely wiped from helping me shovel that day. She now has a real respect for what guys like us do to put the bread on the table. Cheerstymusicwesport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClCl1QXZ15E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OUO9K4lwYI

DSC02218.jpg

DSC02220.jpg

DSC02222.jpg

DSC02226.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

2. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

awesome pics...I'm sure you were glad you had a v plow for that storm

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

thats awesome

Only thing I could suggest is to add a snow deflector. you need one baaaaaad

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Is that a lot of snow? :laughing:
    Sweet pics.

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

It must have drifted bad... doesnt look that deep in those pics. Speed was an issue there, slow down and it wont blow over your hood so bad.

Cool vids :drinkup:

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Lucky that looks like dry light snow, if that was wet I hate to think about it.

Nice job

7. firehog13

firehog13 Member

It started off light in the middle of the night, but when the sun came out it started to get very heavy, deep and wet.

8. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Time for a deflector!!!

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Yea..you need a snow deflector bad!!!!!!!