1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

show me strobe light kit

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jeff52984, Oct 2, 2009.

1. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

Ok so just broke down and bought a 4way 60watt strobe light kit for my truck. Was wondering how hard it is to install these and if anyone knew some pointers or things to make sure I do. I was going to have the place install them but refused to pay $385 for them to install the lights. I managed to install my hole plow setup with no issues so was hoping this wouldnt be any harder. Also what lights do you all usually put them in?
  2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

If you installed your entire plow set up, you'll have no trouble installing these.

Get yourself a 1" hole saw (couple bucks at a Home Depot), run your wiring, mount your box in a central location (I usually mount them under the rear seat) and connect everything.

Use the 1" hole saw to slowly drill a hole in your light housings and then insert your strobe and connect the wiring.

I usually put them in the front turn signals and reverse lights.

Do some reading around and you'll find all kinds of creative places people have mounted them.
  3. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

Not sure on installing tips, my uncle installed mine for me. I have a 04 Silverado and I put mine in the running lights in the front and in the reverse lights.
  4. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

Well installed them last night didnt go bad at all. Hope its ok but I put the control box under the dash didnt feel like putting it behind seat. And put the front strobes in the daytime running light spot since they were burnt out anyway. and put the rears in the reverse light. Can defently say im happy with saving the $385 and happy with the product they are bright and should do the job now lets just hope they last awhile
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

6. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

I cant believe how bright they are during the day they are ok but defently do the job
  7. gkm

gkm Senior Member

where did you get the lights at and what was the price if you don't mind asking:eek:
  8. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

I bought them from a local shop. Strobe kit without extra wire was $160.00 everything I needed to install with extra wire, etc. was $201.00 out the door
  9. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

How 'bout some pics???
  10. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

well I would post pics but cant get them from my camera to my computer for some reason. What would you want pictures of?
  11. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

what brand lights ? how many watts etc and no pics just videos at night :)

I am installing my strobes tomorrow
  12. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

sho me and I forget what the main company name is of them. I can take video with my camera but just dont know why my computer isnt taking the photos of the memory card.
  13. winterguy

winterguy Junior Member

I was wandering what brand or what you guys would suggest for strobe lights. as you have been talking about.
  14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

do a search or start your own thread. There is plenty of regular discussion on this topic
  15. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

search should pull it up but I like my sho me lights and they were good price and nice and bright. Others like wheelan which I would of got but alittle more money
  16. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

you didnt get them from priority1emergency did ya ... or truckntow ..... a buddy of mine lives over there off middlebelt and john hauk ..
  17. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

A whelen 90 watt 4 tube kit with wires in only $198 at sirennet.com
  18. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

Yes I got it from priority 1 emergency just couldnt think of the name. Your buddy lives right down the street from me im at middlebelt and cambridge im sure he has seen my truck around
  19. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

who did you talk to at priority sara or patrick or melissa .. ?? i know em all .. and got some good deals on stuff ....

and yes he lives like the first block on john hauk and the south side of the street ...
  20. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

dont remember there names but the 2 girls were helping me and 1 guy came up and asked how much wire I needed and went to cut it.