1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Show-Me Able 2 LED Mini Light Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DuallySnoPusher, Dec 31, 2008.

1. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I was looking at the Show-Me Able 2 LED mini light bar, does anyone have anything good/bad to say about them? Any info would be great.

2. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

I ordered one on ebay about a month ago, and the guy ended up sending me a red/blue one. But it was bright as heck! Had some nice flash patterns also.

3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i love mine

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I bought mine of Ebay 249 shipped. Never an issue

5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i guess there good for the price ... but i just bought a mini justice for about $200 more ... 8 invidual light modules..... but like i said ... you get the quality that you pay for ...

6. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i would buy the full size for $1000 i think its a good deal lol but iv got money burning a hole in my pocket

7. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I love mine!

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Then Spread The Wealth!!! I'll Take mine in $10's and $20's... payup

9. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I thought about 1 but after seeing 2 trucks this weekend with them decided not to, Looked like after a few inches on the roof it blocks the light, i'll pass on this one.

10. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Bought one last year. Only thing I don't like about it is that it is low profile, and looks kinda funny sitting on my F350. Would love to have something a little taller. Got a rack now though, so maybe I'll mount it on that.

Thing is very bright and the flash patterns are nice.

One thing though, I bought mine from strobesnmore, but it will be the first, and last I ever buy from them. Let's just say that the owner's customer service skills aren't the greatest.

11. Mid-Ohio Scaper

I've mounted mine on my back rack, and I'd have to say that's probably the best way because it is so low profile. Than again, I've seen plenty of road construction trucks with them on the cab with the magnet mount and they're bright enough that it really doesn't matter.

12. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Umm a few inches of snow on the roof? Did you see them on plow trucks? Or trucks that sit through the storm. I will agree the last few storms my light bar and roof iced up up a bit. But they are so bright it didnt matter. I think they are best looking bang for buck light

13. wildbroncobilly

wildbroncobilly Member

I ordered mine just before christmas I can't wait to get it mounted on my back rack

14. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I used to have on mounted on my back rack. good light but I decided to upgrade to the Show-Me Luminator. Now that's a bright light with some good flash patterns

15. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

Go with something with Linear LEDs, they are far and away superior to the 5mm LEDs used in the Able2 bar. Check out the Whelen Responder LIN version.

16. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Good point, it is certainly bright enough. Mine is the mag mount too...

I'll probably leave it there till spring. I just welded up a my back rack and put it on a couple of weeks back, and we're up to our arses in snow here in NS. Truck is too big to fit in my garage, and I'm getting too old to be outside working on a vehicle in the snow! :)

17. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I have the 1200 in amber on my Jeep. i really like it - for the occasions I use it, it works great. I had some compliments from some of Illinois State's Finest when I was first on scene of a semi-jackknife and used my jeep sideways on I-290 to direct all traffic onto the shoulder around the diesel fuel and debris.... after I made sure the driver was OK.....

i mounted to an over the windsheild bar - so its still on during summer when I go soft-top....

[​IMG]

18. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Why were they complaining??? Sounds like you were helping the situation and picking up their slack.

19. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I ordered mine before Christmas and it showed up the other day. It's bright and really works great. The pattern selector button is also nice even though I just leave mine in random mode.

20. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

Read again, he said compliments.