1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Dec 2, 2008.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

What do you like for shovels? Plastic or metal edge? Scoop or flat blade?
  2. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

All plastic pushers.
  3. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

i'm particular to the snow shovel in my sig. Metal edge with flat blade. The handle is very versatile too. Allows you to adjust your hand/wrist positions to help reduce fatigue and repetitive motion injuries. Since the handle is oversized, it hurts less when you're pushing with your stomach and get caught on an edge.
  4. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Do a quick search on this topic, there was a recent thread that was pretty extensive, reagarding shovels, no need to rehash this all over.

Good Luck
  5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Do a search for the word Melnor. These are the best shovel money can buy. They are basically a snow blower - without a motor.
  6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WOW i did a search on them shovels..................not cheap ($79.00) but if they work!
  7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I use plastic snow pushers without metal edges
  8. Runner

Runner Senior Member

LOL. Holy COW! I don't know WHERE that came from! We pay about that for the case of them! They are usually around $16 apiece for the nice wide ones.
  9. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

10. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member