1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shovels

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Supper Grassy, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

What Shovels do everyone like? I want to pick up some new ones this year and i was wondering what you use and where you get them

2. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

We use a few diff. kinds

We use a couple different shovels. We have your standard snow shovel but have started using a shovel called "Dakota Snow blade" last year a love them. They are on wheels and are very productive. As long as you are not trying to remove ice, and you are shoveling less than 4 inches of snow, the Dakota shovels work great. They are pricey but they are very fast.

3. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

click on the link snowplow.com at the top of the page, thats what I bought last year and am extremely happy with it. By far the best and most durable shovel I have had.

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

We use the $5.99 specal from Menards, anything over 4 inchs we use the snowblower.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yep, those cheap ass lightweight black and yellow ones are by far my favorite.

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Yes, very cheap

This year they are black and orange, Our hardest worked is on his third one this year, He keeps chopping ice with them, so I just keep the truck stocked with them.

7. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

And I thought I was a cheap-o using the $8 big lot special for the last 2 years, duck taped handle and all....

To bad Menards are not in my area, I would have half a dozen of them in the truck!

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i like a shovel with the little metal edge to scrape the driveway clean

9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I'm not a big fan of the metal blade, we have to many wooden steps and decks and the metal blade digs into the wood.
    The cheap-o's are a good shovel for removing snow, but not good for chopping ice.

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like a good ole barn shovel myshelf. But I only have to shovel my cement steps off.