1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shovels

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by devinraptor, Feb 19, 2010.

1. devinraptor

devinraptor Junior Member

Where do you guys buy your shovels? The shovels I purchase usually have to be replaced after every storm we do a lot of steps and sidewalks for apartment comeplex

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i just buy the ones from lowes that have the steel edge on them. had them for a couple years only one we broke was one that got ran over when a guy was stuck and digging himself out. if your doing alot of walkways you should look into a snow blower i bought one 2 years ago and cant imagine how i did it without it in the past.

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I just bought the one from the sponsor on this site, thesnowplow.com, I gotta tell ya, the thing F'in rocks.

I find myself shoveling where I don't have to, just so I can use it.

I bought the 30", but the 36" would rock. I want both.

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2 (except the shoveling when I dont need to;)).....I bought (4) 30in & (2) 36in this year....and plan to get a couple 4fters also.

5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

X3 on Thesnowplow.....Have 3, Love Them...:drinkup:

6. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

x4 on the snowplow

7. devinraptor

devinraptor Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I will give them a shot

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got a couple of 4' shovels. Alot of times they stay in the truck and guys grab the 36" shovels.

Unless it's a real light, fluffy snowfall, the 4'ers are just a bit big.

9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

X 5 on the snowplow, we use the 24" and 36"s. I think the 4ft would be too big, the 36 is great for along garage doors.

10. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

i use the ones you get at loews to as long as they have a metal edge it last pretty long

11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

ive had really good luck with the suncast models, we have both the shovel type pictured below and the Cavex bigfoot pusher types. after the metal edge wears away we replace them with a 1/4" thick piece of black poly and its works amazingly well. the shovels are really well built as well. but you can tell a difference between our older models and the newer ones being thinner.

[​IMG]

12. Indy

Indy Senior Member

got my 30 " snow plow today.........stay tuned:salute:

13. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Hey Indy,

So how did it ship to ya, I mean was it packaged real good and not bent up?

14. overtime

overtime Senior Member

X6 on the snowplows. I'm going to ordering couple more.

15. Indy

Indy Senior Member

it came in a heavy cardboard box. handle, mounting bracket, blade with paper stuffed in the box and the bolts in a package taped to the handle.

Very sturdy shovel and materials.........really the advertising they do makes it LOOK cheaper than it is.

I can see why once you have ONE you WILL have more.

Gave mine a spin today on some melting snow clean up.........

It's a good purchase, I can see getting a big one for lighter snow fall to cover more area quicker

I do some sub work at a hospital with zero tolerance and they have plenty of walks...this will come in handy.

16. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

OK........I give.........what's with the X's.....

17. Indy

Indy Senior Member

x = Times

Like if i had 6 shovels 6X

18. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Thank's Indy, I will have to try one or two LOL....So did you check to see if you could buy it here loco?
    I see in the site where you can click on our state but it would not show anything...

19. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I sent an email..........they never responded.

I did an online order and it shipped the next day and was here in 3 days with FEDEX tracker so I knew when it got dropped off

So advetising sucks
    Local service sucks
    Customer service (email) weak

Quality of the shovel ......very high
    Value for price........seems very high value
    Speed of shipping.........very high

20. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Hey thanks for all the info, I will try getting one if there not sold out by now...