1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoveling

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Underdog1, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Underdog1

Underdog1 Junior Member

hey guys..
    i really want to get into the snow removal business but i neeed to raise some money to buy a truck. me and a buddy figured we would work the first winter snow blowing/shoveling driveways and walkways to raise money. We love the hard work and we are used to the long hours (we used to grade basements all day and powersweep parking lots on the the third shift) so the hellish grunt work wont discourage us.
    But we need some advice a few things...
    Is a contract real imortant the first year or two?
    How much could we charge? how should we charge?
    How many average size driveways could we get
    done in a good storm?
    How should we bill customers?

all replys are greatly apprectiated,,,,
    thanks guys

2. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

usually u charge by the job and have an agreement about when you'll plow ( example after 4 or 5 or 6 inches ). You can send your customers a bill in the mail, and u can get as many driveways done as you can. this means having equipment u think is reliable, and making sure your help is ready to work.