1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shoveling prices?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by R.J.B., Sep 19, 2013.

1. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

Ok, So today I got a call from one of my church properties. I have been plowing them for about 6 years and they now asked me if I could shovel there entrances. They have 8 entrances 4 that are just stairs, 2 wheelchair ramps and 2 sets of stairs and a walkway about 3 ft wide by 12 long. How do u guys charge? They said about an hour if an average snow fall. Bill per hour? and at what rate?

2. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

$40/hr per man oh wait you r out east $50

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

We run separate trucks and crews for sidewalks, $65 per man hour. I love it when the city enforces the code for sidewalks. The phone never stops ringing!

4. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Wow, $65 per man hour?? I'm less than 200 miles from you and we're lucky to get $40 an hour.

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

We use sidewalk crews

We charge a truck charge plus an hourly rate of $65 per labor hour with a one hour minimum for shovels. Remember to charge enough to make it worth doing. A lot of potential liability.