1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoveling Issues

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ChrisMartin, Sep 24, 2006.

1. ChrisMartin

ChrisMartin Junior Member

i was wondering what you guys in the same boat as me do...i go to school 7 20 to 2 15 when i get home from school most peoples drives and sidewalks are cleared so i cant really drive around and ask people. and when i get people that want me to do it for them...there not going to be happy if its not done till 2 or 3 in the afternoon. How early can i start up my snowblower without makin people mad. Also i was wondering how you handle it if you shovel and then it snows the same day again....charge them again...just do it again b/c i did it to early?

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

When I was your age. I got up at 2 am, started at 2:30 plowed till 6:30, came home, showered, then caught the bus at 7:05. Got home and started again. So my customers could get out of their house for work and back in when they came home. Then I went back to clean up after that or if we got out of school or a delay. Again I was using a garden tractor then a Compact tractor with no cab. I didn't get my first plow truck till I was in college. But seems to always run someone elses equipment after I got my own stuff done.