1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shovelers pay

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vis, Feb 10, 2006.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

How much do you pay your shovelers per hr? considering they are doing commercial/condo walkways working sometimes 12+ hrs, unfavorable conditions, and poor hours...?

2. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

I pay my guys $16hr, give them a free meal too!!

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i pay my guys regular roofing wages $12 and $16 an hour. time and half nights and weekends. i bring in h.s. boys when needed for $15 hour straight time.

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We give $200 for a 10 hour day and treat for lunch.

5. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

I pay $13/hr, and if they work good I throw in a bonus.

I know one company in my area that pays $10/hr and pay a $50 bonus for every 10 hours straight you work.

Some areas $10 is standard, some $15.

6. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

generous pay on here :nod:

7. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

You have to make it worth getting up at night and fighting the cold etc.. and it also helps morale. Everybody likes to be paid well and they will show up for a decent wage. That is just one of the many reasons to not cut rates for shoveling or plowing. If you get paid fairly you can pass that on.

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

for my shoveling crew we pay $16/hour and $20/hour to the driver who uses his personal truck and i usually buy a meal too

9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

$15/hour is generally a good price. Thats at least whats reasonable.

They do the hardest work, its really worth more like $30/hr but that is unrealistic and will never happen.

10. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I pay the guy that does our shovelling $16/hr, and promise a minimum $1000/month over the winter to keep him around

11. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

what do you think of paying a guy 12$ an hr to drive your truck (no Plow) and run a 3 man shoveling crew (keep guys going, drive from job to job, know the route, where to put snow, who wants ice melt, who wants sand etc)?

12. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

15 per hr. They deserve it because sometimes I call them at 1am and theyre there

13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

$10 an hour, but if my bro wants to, $20 an hour.

14. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

the companies i know here in st. louis pay $20 for shovelers and they guarantee you money in 15 business days.

15. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

$10 per hour here + meals on me

16. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

I pay 20.00 and hour , but he drives his own truck and I don't have to call him . He gets it done without me baby sitting him ,to me thats worth alot.

17. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

thats reasonable 12-15, but I have paid 18-22 for shovelers, and fed them. cja1987 email me jtdservices@verizon.net need to speak with you about your f150 with the curtis

18. chris k

chris k Senior Member

$15 per hour here to everyone in the truck. They get paid the same wether they are plowing(in my trucks) or shoveling.