1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shoule S-492

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NLS1, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Purchased new from Paul in fall of 2011.

Minimal use these last two winters.

I sold our tractor last week and this awesome piece of barely used equipment needs a new home.

Fluid filmed many times, greased many times and just about as nice as a used blower can be.

Hoses, PTO shaft, and blower.

$6500 firm

Can email pictures upon request.

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

3. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Email sent.

For whatever reason most of my good pictures and a few videos I can't get to work in email!

My computer-fu must be weak!

Looks like a few new pictures of it just sitting there will need to be taken.

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

If you'll share, getting out of the tractor/blower side of snow removal?
  5. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Yep, at least for resi.

Shameless bump, this thing is perfect and ready for YEARS more service.

I figure my use on this is less then ONE real snow event for Paul in Quebec!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Did you find the resi business didn't fit your overall business? Or was the market not as receptive to it as you had planned? Of course, only if you care to share.

Did we talk before? Someone from Twin Cities, MN called me (Collin Corso, Terra Lawns) wanting to talk about inverted blowers.
  7. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Well I think it could be a good fit. Although I put the cart before the horse pretty far on this one, knowing that I had to go big or go home with this system.
    You can't sell an awesome snow blowing service with all the benefits, etc. and then show up with a truck, if you didn't get as many customers as you wanted.
    I knew it would be a big risk.

If someone would have lets say 50, 80, 100+ driveways they were already doing with trucks in a half tight route it would be a total no-brainer.
    I, on the other hand, went bass ackwards :)

So the commercial stuff floated the resi side for a couple winters while we tried to make it grow. After a couple years of light winters, I have decided to continue to focus on our bread and butter which is the zero-tolerance commercial lots we do and all the salting.

As a small business owner, I knew I owed it to myself to try the inverted blower system. I will miss it, but only if we continue to do driveways!

We have some very large commercial sites we are adding next winter, so the driveways may go to the wayside.

So here we are with a barely used Shoule and a little wiser.

And to answer your question, no I don't think we chatted, although I had Paul on speed dial! He has become a dear friend, and is one awesome stand up guy! If any of you are thinking of buying a blower from him, DO IT!
    Wait, buy mine first, then buy the next one from Paul!!! :)
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  8. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Here are some pictures of it today.

medium shoule1.jpg

medium shoule2.jpg

medium shoule3.jpg

medium shoule4.jpg

medium shoule5.jpg
  9. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Shoule is SOLD