1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should You Buy Wings?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by s_melchi, Jan 14, 2009.

1. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I just talked to a customer. He has two trucks. One Boss V Blade same size as the New Mega V he bought for his other truck. Trucks are identical. Only difference between the two plows is the wings and the down pressure. He keeps very detailed time logs to keep track of efficiency.

He just called and told me the Mega V is working flawlessly with the updates that SW has done to it. They are extremely happy with the plow.

Now for the topic of the thread. He said that the MV with the 9" scoop wings saves his plowing time 10 minutes on the hour. So if that helps any one make a decions about wings I don't know what will He said he has been debating about getting wings on his Boss for years. He said that proved it to him how much more you can do with a set of wings.