1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should we have user galleries???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by merrimacmill, Jan 3, 2008.

?

Should we have User Galleries??

1. YES

76.0%
  2. No

4.0%
  3. I would like it, but it wouldn't be worth the extra server space.

20.0%
  1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Who here thinks that we should have user galleries. Each person could go into eachothers galleries and look at pictures of their equipment that they have. Most all forums have this feature, but I have not seen it on here and this is all about the pictures!:nod: lol

Any thoughts? Mods any thoughts? I don't know if this would take to much server space, but its just a thought. I know I'd like it. I just hope we dont' already have user galleries and I'm just making myself look like an idiot for not noticing.

2. merrimacmill

from MA

C'mon guys, 31 views and only 3 votes, and no responses???

3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

i agree and we also need a chat room

4. merrimacmill

from MA

I PMed one of the Mods about this. Haven't gotten a response yet though.

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

I think it is a good idea and I am going to see what it will take to make this happen.

6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well if we do that then it will be cost for space on host's server.

I think limit all members post pictures on gallery at 175 KB so that should be ok.

I do love it but will it help if we gave 20 dollars like sponsor with private forum like club.

For chat room at mytractorforum they use this http://www.addonchat.com/ they put in their files so it work good.

7. merrimacmill

from MA

Thanks Sean, I hope this is something we can do. A huge part of Plowsite is pictures of equipment. And this site seems to get bigger everyday. It seems we welcome a new member atleast everyday.

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

good job merricmchl

9. merrimacmill

from MA

;thanks icy, c'mon guys, lets get some more votes here!:)

10. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

It'd be nice, but I don't think it'd be worth the slower page access overall. Everytime someone adds a gallery, the website gets slower unless it is upgraded first.

11. merrimacmill

from MA

Ya, I'm not expert but I think to host something like that, the site would have to be upgraded. But fuiger that instead of everyone throwing pictures all over the place that just get lost and no one ever sees again but they sit in a thread somewhere wasting space, everyone could post them to their galleries and then use html to insert them into their posts. Just a thought.

12. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

ya this site needs more bandwidth befor u go and do something like that

13. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I say yes. If you look at the main page, Truck and Equipment Pictures is # 2 with the most posts. Pictures are a HUGE thing on Plowsite. How about it Sean.

14. merrimacmill

from MA

I don't know all that much about websites, but I'm optimistic. Well I guess I'm just optimistic that Sean will be optimistic. lol.