1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should not park here

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John Mac, Feb 27, 2007.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

View attachment 23153

When I went to plow on of my lots today the owner of the lot said to plow this guy in because he should not park in a lot that has no public parking. He parked his truck in front of the pile that we push so this is the end result. I have to admit, as bad as this sounds, that it was fun. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

LOL, have one lot that had a couple semi's parking right in the corner where the snow goes. During our 'blizzard' at the beginning of the month where we had 11+ inches, a bunch of snow was windrowed to that corner, didn't bury them, but they had to work to get them out. Apparently they couldn't read the "No overnight parking" sign. They did figure it out, because they haven't been back.

3. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Outstanding try to explain that to budget rental. "Sir what do you when your snowed in?"

4. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I did the same thing at one of my bank accounts yesterday. People tend to use the parking lot for overnight parking and screw up my system for plowing. I didn't plow them in quite as good as you did, but I made them climb over the pile to get the car. Hopefully the get the hint.

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I kinda enjoy plowing people in that aren't suppose to park there. My only problem with how you plowed him in is how do you move those piles afterward?

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Thats what I was wondering. And if the snow is as heavy as it was here, there is no way those piles are moving unless you have a big front loader.

It does look like it was fun though!

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Thats funny right there....I dont care who you are!:D I do it to people if they park in the way of snow removal. Dont feel guilty though, it is fun!:nod:

8. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

As long as you have a reason, it feels soooooo good!!!

9. payton

payton Senior Member

simple to move snow after wards yeah it takes a lil time.. use the v for what its meant bust the snow up some.. then carry it on.

payton

10. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

I will plow it back just the way I plowed it in. It my take me some time but the account pays by the hour so no problem. If needed I will use a loader but I don't think I will have to, do you guys think this guy got the message? Plowing is all I have done in the last month, every day up at 4am so this was a nice litttle extra. This one lot is 3 hours to plow from a small storm so you can find alot of snow in it pretty quick. I noticed in another thread some one asking how long did you plow after the last big storm in Upstate NY and mine was 72 hours with out sleep, just food, coffee, and pisses.

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

You could chip away at thos piles with a pickup no prob. Heck, they were made by one, so it might take a little time but who cares?

Only done this a couple times, and many more times I've wanted to. Ruins your whole system, huh? No more straight runs when you have to go around em like that. Oh well... glad one of you is having fun doing that!! Thanks for sharing

~Kevin

12. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I parked in the street because cars were too close to the driveway to get a plow in, and then blew all the snow on the cars. Later I called the cops on cars that were parked 8' 4" apart. I was pissed so I got out the tape measure. Wish I could have seen them get towed.

13. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

yep. this will do it
    [​IMG]

14. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I might have "tucked" in a few vehicles that may have needed a little longer rest :jester:

15. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Add some water to the snow.. they cannot dig it out anyway.. sit there till spring..
    oh wow A RENT BILL!! :eek:

16. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Just curious, where's that at? Thats hilarious.

17. X-LOWBALLER

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

Many years of plowing would indicate that the snow is actually plowed "beside" the truck rather than the truck itself being plowed in. It is still funny though.

The giveaway is the contrast between the pile beside the truck and the pile behind the truck. There is obviously quite a distance between the two. Another "tell" is the front of the truck and the front of the pile. The front of the truck would have been destroyed by that pile had that been the case.

Again, love the pic! And OH how I would LOVE to do that to a few of my customers.

18. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Lowballer, your right I set the “whole” thing up, spent hours on planning and logistics just to have some smart ass say “in his many years of plowing” call it some sort of fake. Not, I don't have enough time to bother with " oh lets try to fool the the guys on some forum" the truck was in the way, the owner said plow it in, simple as that no big conspiracy here. And yes the snow is pushed all the way around the truck and under the truck just like it looks.I was instructed to do so by the owner who signs the check so what he wants he gets. Does anyone actually listen to you when you speak? :confused:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  19. Runner

Runner Senior Member

So is the truck still there? Or is it moved? What happened with it?