1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should my unimount look like this when on my Jeep?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bountyhunter, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Junior Member
    from Kansas

I picked up a used 6.5' Unimount last week and had a chance to mount it this weekend. Everything mounted up pretty good and it all works, but after looking at a lot of unimount pictures on here I'm not sure mine sits quite right. The part the lights and pump are on leans back quite a bit, therefore the chain angles pretty good when it is tight. Most of the pics I have seen the chain is almost pulling straight up. Outside of making a new piece to allow the lights/pump to lean more forward I didn't see any way to adjust this angle. Am I missing something with this setup?

image.jpg

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

might have the wrong length link arms. what is your Jeep exactly, and was it the correct mount?

3. Bountyhunter

from Kansas

It is a 98 wrangler. The guy I bought it from had it on his past two wranglers, one a YJ, and the last a TJ like mine. The mount went on really smooth, as everything just bolted up since it came from the same model of Jeep. I'm thinking the link arms should be longer myself. It seems like the angle if the chain when lifting puts some added stress to the motor/pump and it's mounting.

4. Bountyhunter

from Kansas

Never mind. I'm an idiot. I had to lower the pivot mounting point to accommodate the 2.5" lift on the Jeep and likewise will have to either lower the link point or just make lower link arms, which I will do tomorrow. It was pretty easy to see once I unhooked the links and tilted it to where it should sit more vertically.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Longer link.arms you mean

6. Bountyhunter

from Kansas

Yes, longer link arms is what I meant to type the first time. These iPad keyboards are too small for fat fingers.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

oh I see, it's one of the mounts that the pivot points can be moved higher or lower.. yes, hard to tell in this pic, but it does look like too much space between the upper pivot and lower.