1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I Worry About a lot of Side to Side Wiggle on the Plow When it is Raised?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by olesnowpatrol, Nov 11, 2011.

1. olesnowpatrol

olesnowpatrol Member

Seems like there is too much of a gap on top/bottow of king pin connection area....or is that a design feature. Older plow/new plower....so any advice is appreciated.
  2. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

Have a couple of older Meyer set ups and have the same thing. I'm thinking it is a design feature to relieve stress on the mount when traveling to the next job. Could be wrong, but this is what I have experienced also. Good luck this season!Thumbs Up
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

On the "A" frame where the king pin/bolt goes there are replacable bushings. You can get them pretty much anywhere on line for about $8 ea. They're designed as a wear item to be replaced. You have to cut the old ones out and weld the new ones in place. During the summer I went through plow and replaced every thing there was and it really improved it. Well worth it, now it's as tight as a new blade.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Worn pivot either the bolt, the aframe or both. Check to be sure you don't have a broken pivot plate on the bottom of the Aframe.
  5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Also check the mounting pins (where it hooks to the truck).

One of my guys put the wrong size in (little smaller), something like 5/8 instead of 3/4 (not exactly sure of the size) and it made a huge difference - wiggled and wobbled all over the place.
  6. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

Interesting... never really thought to check out the pin size. Thanks! Great site, lots to learn.
  7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

older meyers plows are like my x old ladys lose.. they best way to leave them ..