1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I use Timbrens & Firestone Level-Rite Air Over Shock System

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by albhb3, Feb 28, 2008.

1. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I was just wondering if I should or could use both of the items at the same time? Has anyone used the level rite shocks? Heard of anyone using them? Any reviews? Thanks for the help.
  2. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Timbrens for me

I have Timbrens in all my GMC's.Cost about $230.00 installed.I do know several people who had the Firestones put on also and both these guys love them but the cost is around $700 installed.
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

couldn't be happier with them
  4. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Timbrens $200 and five minutes to install each side best investmenrt for plowing ever
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

what truck, year, type of plow, salter? it all depends and mostly whether you want to spend the cash. - yes they do work, the firestones are air so they can adjust to different loads, one system uses on board air and a dash board switch. the other just allows you to adjust it outside the truck with your own air compressor. The timbrens just help stiffen the springs so you don't sag so much.
  6. kklick

kklick Junior Member
    from ohio

The timbrens don't actually stiffen the springs they replace the bump stops on the axle. All they do is help carry the load and take some weight off the springs. I've got them on my astro cargo work van. Definitely helps.

I just had the firestones installed on my f250 last week. Got the compressor as well. If I were to do it again i'd definitely go with the air bags. I love the adjustability they offer. You should be able to get them for 700-900 installed with compressor.

As far as using both i don't think thats an option. I'm pretty sure they both mount up where the original bump stops go.