1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I use Fluid Film on my old truck?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by redbug2, Jan 20, 2011.

1. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

Hello,

I have a 1985 F250 Diesel. I have been trying to prevent rust from bubbling out for about 10 years. It was a plow truck before I bought it and now I have a 2001 F250 so to justify keeping the 1985 is now a plow truck again. It's working great but I would really like to stop the rust.

Will Fluid film do the trick? Do I have to scrape off old rust or will the fluid film penetrate and seal? Also have some very light rust on my 2001 I would like to stop.

If it does work on old rust, how often do I need to re-apply the Fluid Film?

How much do I need to buy to coat the underside of a truck? Should I get pump spray or Aerosol Spray cans? :dizzy:

Thanks.

2. Yes use fluid film on everything. The best thing to do is to get the big chunks of rust off if you can. Spray the underside with an under coating gun after you power wash it, let it dry overnight. Don't by afraid to get on the paint, just not on glass. You may use about a gallon the first time but get it in every spot you can. Wife is calling for dinner will post me after that for you.

3. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered a case of the spray cans. Shipped yesterday, expecting great results!

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes........

5. Get a gallon it will be easier

6. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

Got the cans yesterday. Sprayed it on some hot spots, it seems to eat/bubble its way into the rust. I like the smell. Going to pressure spray the under carriage before I apply any more.

How long does the coating last? Should it be done every year?