1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should I upgrade??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lazypine, Feb 7, 2010.

1. lazypine

lazypine Member

Hi, I haul vehicles for a used truck dealer and I picked up Dodge 2500 with an E-60 w/ nite sabers. (no blade). The dealer said I could have the pump etc. I'm currently runing an old E-47 with a husky blade. I've already upgraded the mount(tube frame for the pump) on a 98 chevy 3500. was wondering if I can wire the sabers direct? or do they draw that much more current that the relays are needed. I'm also not so sure about the condition of the pump. when i lifted it from the dodge there was almost no resistance to the lift ram.( I'm thinking there is no oil in the pump)I havent had time to investigate it further. I'm wondering if its worht the effort. Thanks Neal

2. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

i can pull the ram up on my 47 and it works just fine. I have heard the 60 is much faster than the older 47. That's all the insight I have to offer.