1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I splice?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TreffertLawnWrx, Oct 28, 2003.

1. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

I an finishing wiring my Boss V but the headlight adaptor kit is for the wrong year. would it be that big of a deal to splice the adaptors to the main wiring harness (main harness would be spliced). The headlight adaptors are good on the light side but not on the main harness side. reason being is the dealership that I was at yesterday is almost an hour away! I would do it right with heat shrink and solder. Let me know, thanks guys!

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Doing it the right way, as you describe, should work fine. I'm big on the solder and heat shrink routine myself and have gone to adhesive lined shrink for any locations that are subject to water and slush. The unlined stuff works fine inside the cab.

3. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

heat shrink and solder will be fine, I found that dielectric grease on the exposed solder THEN heat shink is even better, make sure you leave at least 3/4 to 1 inch of heat shrink each side of te splice for good protection.

4. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

Guys, thanks alot for the positive replies, i'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow. Thanks again Scott