1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I sell my truck now or in fall?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kwegman003, Apr 24, 2008.

1. kwegman003

kwegman003 Member

I have been plowing for 3 years through the end of HS and beginning of college. Well now I am transferring to a school out of town, so plowing is out of the question for now atleast. Should I sell my 1997 F350 with a western conventional plow and backblade now? or let it sit in a damp warehouse till the demand rises? thanks!

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would at least advertise it and see what kind of response you get. If someone gives you a decent offer then sell it.

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I would do one of 2 things. I would either sell the truck and take the 2 complete plows off and sell it in October or November. Or if you really don't need the money now i would wait to sell the whole thing in the fall. Other wise you will take a big hit. I know up by you ( farm country) People are always looking for farm trucks or yard trucks, or an everyday work truck. Try selling just the truck now. Good luck.

4. kwegman003

kwegman003 Member

I will go with hydros idea and see what type of response I will get now. If its not good enough then I will wait. Does $5500 sound about right for this time of year?

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on what the truck is...milage, motor, condition etc...

6. kwegman003

kwegman003 Member

125k miles
    3351w
    auto
    reg cab
    chain link metal tailgate to see through when backing up
    $600 in new tires
    $725 in all new front brakes
    new power steering lines
    body not bad at all, but not flawless. Work truck.
    never let me down.
    $5800/offer

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you might have a chance ecnomy is real bad

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Trucks are a tuff sell right now. The only ones shopping for plow trucks now are guys with cash, and they wont pay anything near what you think it may be worth.
    Its definitely a BUYERS market right now for trucks. Watched an 01 F-350 power choker sell for 7k on ebay last week.
    I think kelly blue book values on many trucks will be out the window with the price of oil now.
    Dealers are paying wholesale on trade-ins for trucks and suvs now.
    Personally if I were you (if you dont need the cash) I would figure a price you need to get, and list the truck in a freebie paper and let it ride till ya get what ya need....

9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

just bought a 97 fordf250 8ftfisher 88k on it full power everything for 900.00 right now i dont think your going to get want you want for that truck. wait till winter.