1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I replace my spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rockerchris, Feb 9, 2016.

1. rockerchris

rockerchris Junior Member
    from Ontario

I have a SnowEx SP-6000 that I bought used last year. It's been great to me so far but the spinner assembly has rusted out. It will cost me almost $1.8k for a new spinner assembly.

I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to just ditch it or buy the new spinner. I'm not sure what else could go wrong on it beyond the auger assembly.

A new spreader would be $7.2k.

Thanks!

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

https://www.arlingtonpower.com/Snow...qFj9Jyej7Zi1n-qn2ldgMnHp8egepSDWL9hoCXL3w_wcB This may help you make decision.

3. rockerchris

from Ontario

4. fordf350M

fordf350M Junior Member

Depends what the condition of the rest of the salter is. Do you like it enought to dump 2000$ into it ? How does the auger feeder work? If your talking a Tornado it's an entirely different feeding system.

You have to weigh your options. No one can spend your money

5. rockerchris

from Ontario

Not really... but I didn't necessarily want to buy a new spreader yet. Auger works fine but my main concern would be if that were to go and I had to keep throwing good money after bad.

6. leigh

from CT

And I just noticed your north of the border! I picked up a fisher (yellow version of tornado) this year 4100$ shipped to my door,not sure how that translates to your Canadian pricing,but there are some steep discounts off the list prices that are published.Personaly I think I would replace the whole thing,but I don't know the condition or age of the used unit you bought.Tough decision.

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Where did you scoop one up for that kind of money? We have 4 currently but all are a few years old. I want to dump them on Craigslist in the fall and replace them. Been comparing prices.

8. leigh

from CT

http://4qte.com/

9. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

I would dump the snowex!! Probably get a decent buck for it!! I've had 3 tornados and love them!! Theres a few on kijiji price is right, where you at in ontario