1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should i put the plow on

Discussion in 'Weather' started by plowinzr2, Jan 18, 2007.

1. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

its friday here in RI and im reading a few different forecasts some say ess than an inch and others say 1-2 im gonna be at my buddys house for the night should i take the plow or leave her at home?

2. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

Alright another s-10 with a plow!:salute:

I put mine on just incase, it's not too bad to drive around with it on for few days.

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Unless you're going a couple hours away from home I see no good reason to not put the plow on. Better safe than sorry.

4. kysnowman

kysnowman Member

What ever you do don't put the plow on and jinx everybody. I've got a brand new plow from last year that has never seen snow. It's burried in the corner of my garage, and I'm not looking it's way until the snow is starting to accumulate.:nod:

5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

All rain for us

Boston south is all rain, perhaps a little slush. Nothing to really make any serious payup on!

6. Jderr

Jderr Junior Member

this year dont put her on till snow starts accumulating:confused: :confused:

7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I wouldn't. We're not getting sh!t.

8. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

In CT at noon they said 2 to 3 inches by morning starting after 9pm. Just 2 hours after that the snow started, a little earlier then they forcasted I would say. By 6pm they are saying maybe an inch by morning stopping by 3am. These guys can't even predict 12 hours ahead. I put my plow on anyway. At least it's a change of scenery in the driveway.

9. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I did the same. ...Just raining here in wallingford tho :realmad: Waterbury is about 15minutes northwest and my friend there says they have about a 1/2 inch of snow and still coming down.and the staters are out. :angry:

10. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

well it is a start nothing to plow but Winter is here.
    1/2 inch in Naugatuck what about the rest of CT

11. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

i have an 1/8" at my house in central mass....it's a start i guess

12. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I would definitly put your plow on your truck!!!! Then drive it off a bridge! Thats my feelings these days! We have nothing, and we are in North Dakota! Jeez!!! This is crazy!

13. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha--at driving off the bridge...

No laughing matter when it comes to NO SNOW! :angry:

14. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Dutchman I'm in Naugatuck. The town guys are out plowing the water on the road. It's rediculous. Well at least they are making some money.

15. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

yea i ended up grabbin the plow a lil while ago i saw the state trucks out so i figured ahh why not just to be safe, plus the plow looks too nice to sit home all year gotta get it out of there at least once

16. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Yah the been up and down the road at least 10 times and all that for 1/4 inch of snow

17. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Well it looks like the weather guys blew it again. If the day before the storm they say 2 to 3 inches and I end up with 1/8 of one inch in my driveway that's pretty sad on their part.