1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I put plow on a Ambulance?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TAUGC, Oct 28, 2007.

1. TAUGC

TAUGC Junior Member
    from 07094

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any advice on putting a plow on a 1995 F350 with a ambulance package. Its a extemely heavy truck approx. GVW of 15k with dullie and heavy suspension package. Is this a feasbale appication. I want to have this and a skid steer working small commercial and residential parking lots.
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

plowing with that rig is going to be a PITA. its big, and you want to do small lots?
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You want to put a plow on a 2wd truck chassis with a cube box on the rear to do residential and small lots? I'd pass and find a k5,bronco, or pickup. They will be much better suited for plowing. I know of plenty guys who have 4x4 dumps and use 2wd most of the time but they are usually doing larger lots where they can build up some speed.
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

But just think of the positives: if there was a slip and fall, or if you fell asleep at the wheel and crashed, or had a heart attack or anything, you've got trained paramedics in the back, all equipped to save your life!
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Good thinking but being a '95 I would say it has been retired from its duties as a front line ambulance.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, that would be a interesting plow unit. Besides the fact that it is allready pre wired for flashing lights. Here is your new slogan. "WILL REMOVE YOUR DEAD SNOW" plaster that on the side. If you really want some fun build a plow truck out of an old hurst and a surburban frame.

To be honest its ok to think outside the box but that set up would be too big to use. But cheep to build.

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Just like fire trucks, smaller towns & second-rate privates take on these rigs as front line pieces when they're too old for the busier systems.

I hope he does it! Would be rather neat if it was equipped with the Insta-chains that we have on our apparatus. Ya know what would work well for ballast would be like 20 sheets of plywood in there, or even a base of blocks. It's really just an odd style box truck, and I see enough of those with plows. Heck, an ambulance makes a heck of a utility truck for a plumber, electrician, or anyone needing cabinets & compartments (and we've been known to use our front line piece as a "utility" now & then for various projects!).
  8. YardMedic

911 snowplowing

Snow Medics

Rescue Snowplowing

Squad 51 Snowplowing

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The ambulance is a great idea, next year try and find a hearse. You wouldn't need to advertise anymore. Imagine driving by a mall and seeing a hearse and an ambulance plowing snow. LOL

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I'd run it if you can get paid why not?
  11. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Who ya gonna call?

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL Now your thinking.
  13. YardMedic

That's funny!!
  14. drumbo

drumbo Member

SNOWBUSTERS! Now, that would make for a GREAT jingle, no?
  15. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Okay, this seems like a good place to start posting pics of snowplows on interesting vehicles, anything other than a truck or SUV. Who's with me?
  16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Sure, why not!:nod: