1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should I keep the ford or chevy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by hummah2, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hummah2

hummah2 Junior Member

I have a 2001 F250 diesel 250 truck is very strong and is in excellent condition with a western plow. Truck has 80,000 miles and has a ultramount on it
    -
    The other truck is a 2004 2500 chevy GAS vortec engine with 2,000 miles on it and als0 has a western ultramount on it.

:confused::confused:I also have a sander i put in the bed

2. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

Get rid of the Fix Or Repair Daily..........

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Do whats right for you. Both are good work trucks. The Chevy might bring you more money, but if you want the low miles and newer truck, sell the ford. Its all personal preference.

4. zztarg

zztarg Member

I've owned both - they're both good trucks - keep the one you like the best.

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I would keep the diesel but that is just me

6. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

get rid of the ford teh chevy vortec is a great motor plus chevy hold thier value better

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Gas Vs Diesel Powerstroke Vs Vortec

there is no question.

Diesel.

Don't let the Chevy guys tell you otherwise.

8. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

KEEP THAT f250 with 7.3L it best diesel.

Chevy with vortec would not have power like F250 with 7.3L

9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Chevy all the way. Less miles better warenty.

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Keep them both. Why do you need to get rid of one?

11. hummah2

hummah2 Junior Member

the chevy was my dads friends truck that was rarely used obviously with only about 2K miles on it has a brand new stainless steel sander and brand new ultra mount my diesel f250 has the ultramount too so i was going to either buy the chevy and keep the setup or maybe just throw the stainless steel sander into the ford i dont know, like everyone says the sander weight and plow will be alot better with the diesel power but the diesel is a brolic truck the chevy sits real low i guess i could throw in the 2-3 inch leveling kit and it will be about the same height.... just tossing and turning which truck to keep the chevy is newer and is bansically brand new with the 04 chevy nose the ford is 3 years older with 78k more miles but for a 7.3L diesel the 80 thousand miles is nothing....the chevy is a great price so im going to buy it but i gotta flip one of them, other thought was to sell both and buy a newer diesel

12. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I would keep the diesel for sure. After having both of those trucks as well.

13. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Tranny will go in the Chevy at around 80,000 miles. Mark my words. I know you've got a way to go, but...
    I'm a Chevy guy 100%, but...
    Mine went at 83000, a friend of mine had two go, and a dealer friend has replaced a couple on trucks he's bought to retail on his lot.
    OK- let the bashing begin.

14. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

id keep the ford, really id rather buy a truck with average miles than close too none, just seems like the longer you let something sit the more problamatic it might be. its got nothing to do with being a chevy, just the sitting thing, plus the ford is a diesel :drinkup: