1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should i keep my snow foil?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pipelayer, Nov 12, 2013.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

i have an 8' HD straight blade on my 07 ram 2500, it has the sno foil on there, and this year ill be plowing parking lots, and quite a few of them, should i keep that on there, or will it just hook more snow and pull it out of the piles i make? im thinking i should just put the rubber deflector on, which is pricey, but ill probably just make my own. just lookin for someone with more experience with these opinion. thanks.
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

general is if banking a lot it down pull down a bit of snow. and if hard frozen snow pile working it gets bent up .

search my screen name and rubber flap . I made a SUPER HD one with used conveyor belting cheep n easy . it works better than a snow foil I think.

as I have a 9ft blade also with the foil and I like the rubber flap better my self. when I rebuild the 9ft I have the rubber in stock to make a unit for that blade also .

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I used my snofoil on my 9ft doing parking lots, but if your stacking alot the bolts will start to come loose.
  4. duramaxmeyer

duramaxmeyer Junior Member
    from 11971

snow foil

I have foil on 9ft straight blade I do afew big lots and the bolts snap when stacking,,, rubbers way to gp
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

We've done some pretty big lots with our foil on a 9'er and have mixed reviews.

The foil adds to the curling of the snow off the blade, which we appreciated, but the the more stacking and wind rowing you do at speed tends to work the bolts loose and crack sections of the foil.

Over all, if you are wanting to save money in the short term, keep the foil. If you are thinking long term, then go with a rubber system.

"My two cents"