1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I have air shocks or anything on my truck for plowing?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Jul 24, 2010.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Hey guys i was just on the curtis website looking to order some touch up paint so then after that i started looking at the plows in the manuals they have online under the caution box and it said .....
    " is highly recommended that front "helper springs", "airshocks", or other similar devices be installed onto this vehicle to prevent the front suspension from "bottoming out" while carrying a snow plow."

I never put anything but 600 pounds of ballast behind the rear wheels and truck always ran fine and did a great job.... Do i need any of that stuff?
    And truck always looked leveled. :nod:

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

On some trucks like light duty half tons or small pickups(Ranger Dakota)should be installed to help hold the plow.

3. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

ohh okay thanks