1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I get Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NoFearDeere, Oct 15, 2010.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I found a 2008 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually at the dealer I bought my Duramax from. I really like the looks of them but cant decide if I should do it or not. I will hang a plow up front and just do big lots with it. Throw a pallet in back and haul azz! Any help is appreciated!:waving:

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Looks impressive! Do you have the snow contracts to cover it?
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I like it. As long as you know how long it is and think you can make it work, I'd go for it. Based on your signature, you have some pretty long trucks so you know what you're getting into.
  4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

NO you should not buy that truck. You should tell me where it is though ;)
  5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Atleast you'll have a nice place to grab a few of these :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That truck is too nice to plow with. What's the price?
  7. NoFearDeere

The truck is in awesome shape, clean one owner. I have been turning down plowing already left and right so got plenty of plowing for this winter! $28K for the truck.
  8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

$28k doesn't seem too bad actually. I'd still have to beat'em down though.
  9. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

$28k is actually cheap for that truck. At least it is up here anyways....
  10. NoFearDeere

Thats why it caught my eye, didnt think it was a bad price. Has 70K miles on it but it is a laramie 6.7 Cummins.
  11. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

70K on the clock for a Cuimmins, hell, that motor isn't even broken in yet. Being a Megacab, you have room for a fire pit along with the tent in the back seat. :laughing:
  12. sle

sle Member
    from midwest

Nice truck but @ 70 thousand miles, by the time you pay it off, it will be in the 100's.
    Thats way to much money for a truck with that milage. I would decline but its not my money.
    Good luck
  13. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I would agree with you if it had the Hemi but, it's got the 6.7 Cummins in it.

I just traded in my 97 5.9 Cummins with almost 170K on the clock. IMHO other than your typical wear items needing replacing, that truck did nothing but make me money

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Great truck!!! Make sure the front end has been replaced with some quality non Mopar parts.... Upper and lower Ball Joints and Outer tie rods tend to wear on these trucks.
  15. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I had a 07 (5.9) mega cab dually. Was a really cool truck but I have always been a ford guy and was really bummed with some of the fitment issues. The doors rattled going down my dirt road at 20mph (started when it had less than 5k miles). Might not bother most people but I am very anal about my trucks lol. I had some trans issues but it was expected with the mods. The new auto's behind the 6.7 seam to be holding up great.
  16. NoFearDeere

All Dodges rattle in some way. I have found that out over the years, but I have always had good luck with them.
  17. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

But if it had miles under 50k the price would be deep in the 30's and it would still have high miles by the time you pay it off. Being thats is a company truck i can't imagine he's doing a long term loan with 0 down.
  18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Any cummins powered truck is over $20k, these trucks hold their value. As for rattles- all 3 have them-there are pages to read over at ford-trucks about how to redo weatherstripping on Superduties.
    Anyways, its a great deal if you can get it for $26k it would be even better! Hell I just looked at an 07 HEMI Mega with 55k miles for $24600!