1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I get 8'2 or 9'2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ajslands, Aug 3, 2010.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I'm getting a vee! I just don't know if I want the 9'2 or the 8'2 I ran an 8'6" last year and I don't want to get a smaller plow, but still want to fit in residential drives and not be over weight on my front end.

I have an o4 f250 6.0L diesel with 5200 fgawr.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

10 foot Boss v plow should fit.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

9-2 + wings

4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

8'2" V-Blade with Boss wings

5. ajslands

I think I'll get the 9'2 w/o wings, unless grandview wants to make a donation :nod:

6. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

That's my vote. Then after the first time you use it, you'll wonder why you even considered the 8'2"..........trust me!

:drinkup:

7. ajslands

I see your stil not awake yet :)

8. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

A 9'2" Would be prefect or you truck, We have several of them on our trucks. They fit in most drives unless your doing a tight alley

9. ajslands

how are they on drive thrus? such as a bank?

10. jimchris

jimchris Member

I ran an 8' 6" Hiniker poly V last year and now I'm buying an 8' 2" Boss poly V-XT. I didn't want to go bigger because I get big drifts in my drive and had trouble a couple of times busting through with the 8' 6".

11. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Wont fit. But in general I've never had a problem with a 9.2 on a drive way

12. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Could you elaborate more please? How big were these drifts? What was the "trouble" that you were having? Tires spinning? Thanks.

13. jimchris

jimchris Member

Hard snow about 5" deep. I'm going with the 8' 2" thinking I can bust through better and with the higher blades at the ends should push as much or more in the scoop position.

14. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

They will help in both positions. But back to your previous post. Could you explain exactly what would happen to your truck when you were trying to push through? Was it a lack of power? Did you not have enough traction and your tires would spin? Would it push your truck around? Sorry to be nosy, but I'm looking to put a 9' 2" on my SRW F-250 and I'm gathering info on how it will handle. I've only run them on duallys with Vbox'es on the ass. What make, model, year of truck do you have?

15. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Good choice.

16. ajslands

Oh locking hydaulics too!

17. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I find that 8' blades are the max for most DT's. Especially fast food DT's, JMO. When I do DT's with my V, I normally keep it in the V ( retract) position. That works the best for me. However, a 8'2" V is just over 7' in the V position. A 9'2" is just over 8' in V position. If you do a lot of these, It might be better to go with a 8'2 and get wings.

Ditto!

This is a must. Get them now, you will be happy you did. Also, you will pay less for them now.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you saying you have trouble getting through five inches of snow? The plow is not the problem.....

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you need a Vee to "bust though" five inches of snow you should re-think your existing equipment.

20. jimchris

jimchris Member

I made a typo, that should have said 5 FEET of hard snow.