1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Should I fire this guy!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD Dave, Feb 27, 2010.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I went to look at a place we do and the guy that plowed it seemed to not take any pride in his work. IMO he should have got closer to the building and obstacles.;) It actually looks alot better in person.

Horst 3.jpg

Horst 2.jpg

Horst Snowing.jpg

2. Michigansnowkin

Michigansnowkin Member

I think if he has continued to not do his job right than consider letting him go. That particular picture doesn't look that bad to me, he should have pulled the snow back further at least around the door. Talk to him obviously and give him a chance to correct himself. Times are hard now if he wants to keep his job you shouldn't have any more problems. Fire him just over this , probably not.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's atrocious.

:popcorn:

4. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

By the pictures it looks like he used a bobcat or something like that? He probably could have gotten closer than he did,but what if he hits something? Did the customer complain about the work being done? If not maybe have a talk with the operator and let him now your not really satisfied with his work first. If he's paid by the hour then I would think he'd have no problem taking more time to clean it up. to fire someone this seems out of line.

5. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Go ahead and fire him, so I can hire him:yow!::D

6. Michigansnowkin

Michigansnowkin Member

Also was he told to do the steps in front of the door, the sidewalk crew if you have one should do that and the snow by the garbage could have been backdragged,/.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like one of Grandview's sites where people are getting stuck in the parking lot.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He was using this tractor and the sidewalks are not our responibility.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GguButb4Yq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GguButb4Yq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I hope your being sarcastic. I don't see anything wrong with it other than shoveling in front of the door, but that's the sidewalk guys job.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think we have a winner. :drinkup: There is no possible way he could have done a better job. If I personally did that it would not look anywhere near as good.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey! I was first :angry:

I will say that it helped there was only an inch or so snow there near the building. Helps keep spilloff to a minimum. But it is amazing to watch some guys operate equipment. It just becomes an extension of their body.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

that's about as good as it gets with a plow...

I have shovelers clean all that out on my sites....

After all, I'm hourly, so we clean everything we can.

13. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

I think that's just as close as you can get by the door since there is a square concrete in front of it; he can shovel it if he wants to. The steel posts next to the building is like saying- this is as far as you should go. lastly, this is what I tell my new drivers all the time." as much as I want you to be quick and do a great job, always remember this-there is nothing better than hitting nothing." that being said, firing him with just that is not fair. talk to him and give him another chance. we all deserved one.:):)

14. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I looked over that picture and was trying to see if he hit the dumpster or something or if there as some damage that was covered up. I was looking for green paint on the walls.

Nothing found so Im thinking... your kidding.

15. Ukisuperstar

Ukisuperstar Junior Member

That mall is by far the cleanest piece of property after and during snowstorms for sure!
    Walk out of your car and theres hardly any slush or anything compared to some of the strip plaza's (alot smaller) down the road that look like they've never been plowed ever.
    Keep up the good work JD Dave

16. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Looks fine to me. Maybe if he had a small skidsteer and a lot of extra time to work with.

17. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Every account is different and if they pay for it to be picture perfect than just explain that to him. Otherwise it looks like a perfectly normal plow job.

18. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

when i first started reading this thread, and looked at the pic, i was thinking to myself, "JD really busts the B@LLS off his guys to have a problem with that, he would fire all my crews!!!"

19. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

looks great to me. he was probably just being cautious as to not hit anything.

20. Indy

Indy Senior Member

(PEED MY PANTS LAUGHING) Very funny:laughing: