1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

should I charge always the same?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sir spaniourd, Jan 7, 2005.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Hi there,

yesterday was my first time plowing. That was awesome!!!
    Do you guys charge the same after you plow for the second, third,...time?
    What I do know is to plow the first 3'' at $20( it takes me 15 min to plow) and after that every additional 2'' are $10.
    any suggestions are really appreciated.
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

it depends on what you want to do, how your customers are/what they want, how you want to spend your time.

I charge per pass- say $20 per pass for example. Doesn't matter to me if there's 5 inches on the drive way or 2 inches on it it's basically the same amount of work to plow (6 starts getting different so I NEVER let it accumulate over 6" without making a pass)

If there is 7 inches of total accumulation in a storm it's going to be 2 passes- the first at between 3 and 5 inches (depending on how hard the snow is falling and how much time it takes me to get around my route) and the second when the storm is over.
    If the storm dumps 15 inches total it's going to be 3 passes (5 inches each)- simple math easy for the customers to understand. Why short change yourself when it snows 5 inches- you've made 2 passes and earned $10.00 less than I have for the same work.
  3. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Thanks for the info. That makes sense.